We know that SEO is king, we also would love to have you as a client, but in the end
We Value your success the most. SEO will get you there.
SO This is a little list that we are making to help you get on a schedule of optimizations you can use on your own site. And Yes this is there very schedule we use when working on SEO on your site.
Expect Changes over time as we nail down the best processes and tweaks to make your site rant top. This Will be your ultimate guide to SEO.
Speed up your path to Sucess
Page Speed is a big Deal, Google and other search engines know that If your page is rough users aren’t going to want to stay on your Site long.
- Compress Images
- Reduce Image Resolution to the size of the screen it displays the biggest on. A Great Example would be DirectFilterExpress.com
- Utilize Webp image format
- Make Sure you have Gzip Enabled
- Use a Host that is Fast, Like Goodsell Globals Hosting Servers or if you really want to use someone else we recommend A2 Hosting
Alt Image Tags <-- Whats an Alt Tag?
The term “ALT tag” is a common shorthand term used to refer to the ALT attribute within in the IMG tag. Any time you use an image, be sure to include an ALT tag or ALT text within the IMG tag. Doing so will provide a clear text alternative of the image for screen reader users.
In The Example, We show Alpha Home Pest Control’s Home Page with a Call To Action Type Image. In the code, you can see that an ALT tag was provided. Computers can’t visually see images (Yet, Google is doing some pretty amazing this with imagining recognization these days with their AI technology) so for a computer to undersstand the image it needs an alt tag.
- Let’s make sure all of the images have tags, even if they don’t seem relevant
Spring Cleaning your META Tags
Metadata is data (information) about data.
The <meta> tag provides metadata about the HTML document. Metadata will not be displayed on the page but will be machine parsable. Meta elements are typically used to specify page description, keywords, author of the document, last modified, and other metadata. The metadata can be used by browsers (how to display content or reload the page), search engines (keywords), or other web services.
More information can be found at w3schools.com
In the Example Picture Provided, We Searched G and H Bed Bug. The Title and Description that comes up is the metadata that was set, This is why it’s so valuable to get these all set and written in a way to get users to click your site over others.
- If Using WordPress, Yoast SEO Is a phenomenal too to rip through all of your meta tags fast. Read More about Yoast
- Make sure all pages have meta tags and keywords set.
H Tags or <h> Tags
Heading tags, as the name implies, are tags that are used for the creations of headings. The most important tag is the <h1> heading tag, and will usually be the title of a post. Heading tags have a top-down hierarchy from <h1> to <h6>.
It’s Crazy how often This Gets Missed
- Make Sure All of your pages have an <h1> tag, side note If possible lets make it contain your focus keyword.
- Go ahead and give all of your pages <h2> tags or subheading tags
- Try and minimize duplicates